Spartan SGX Combine
ALL OF THE DEETS! AROO!
COMBINE REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED. CHECK OUT OUR GALLERY FOR THE PICTURES FROM THE EVENT.
SPARTAN SGX COMBINE RULES
Preliminary Combine Rules:
1. All athletes get up to 3 attempts per test.
2. Athletes must perform all attempts before moving onto the next test:
• Broad Jump
• 40 Yard Dash
• Pull-Ups (strict pull-ups, full lock out, collar bone to bar) - max # in 60 seconds
• Burpees - max # in 60 seconds. (chest to deck, full hip extension, leave ground, clap overhead.)
Obstacle Combine Rules:
1. All athletes are allowed up to 2 attempts at each event. Only one attempt is required and counted.
2. Athletes must perform all attempts before moving onto the next event
Rope Climbs - Max in one minute. Each rep is a point. (sub: 1 minute chin over bar, start with 3 points, each rest deducts a point.)
Bucket Carry - 5 gallon, 75lbs and 45lbs (male/female) 200 yard shuttle, capped at one minute. 1 point per 50 yards.
Spear / Football Throw - 5 throws. Each time the target is hit is a point. Target should be 12” diameter, stand 15’ away from target.
Herc Hoist - (sub: Ball Slams) Male = 100lbs / Female = 50lbs (sub: 50lbs /20lbs) Max in one minute. (sub: Every 5 reps is a point, Athlete must reach fully extended hip and ball fully extended overhead per rep, and each rep needs a full squat depth per rep)
Burpee 7’ Wall Climb - (sub Burpee Box Jump) - 60 seconds to do as many as possible, reps are counted by chest to deck. Top of burpee can be used to climb wall unless using substitute - (sub: Every 5 reps is a point. Burpee standards per above.)
Barbed Wire Crawl - (sub Bear Crawl with shoe) 100 yard crawl, capped at one minute. 1 point per 50 yards.
Endurance Combine 1.5 mile time trial, flat surface. Start with 5 points. Lose a point for every 30 seconds above 11 minutes.